Wednesday, May 27, 2009

6 comments

1.) to Lauren:
I agree with you Lauren! I read this novel too, and I also think that the climax is when Napoleon starts to control other animals and act like human. When I was reading this part, I too felt a bit creepy and unpleasant like you because I didn't like how Napoleon acted like humans when he said that mans are animals' enemies. Nice job :)

2.) to Pauline:
I was personally surprised to learn that there's a fireman who likes to burn books. It is a bit creepy and upseting to find out that some people want to burn books. I didn't read this book so I don't know about it well but according to your explanation, it seems pretty interesting. It's amazing how a novel can make people feel many different emotions.I really want to read this novel one day to see how the author can make readers feel disturbed. Nice work, Pauline!

3.) To Joohee:
By reading your post, I really wanted to read this novel. It's certainly astonishing how children can kill each other to survive! I wonder what I would do if I was in that situation. Also, I really liked how you explained well about how this novel relates to civilization. It is amazing to know that humans can change when they are placed in danger. Nice job, Joohee!

4.) To Hyon woo:
I agree with the fact that the two pigs are rivals because they eagerly wnated to win each other. However, I didn't really like those characters because they were cute at first but later turned out to be too bosy and tried to control other animals. I also didn't enjoy the part where Napoleon acted like humans. Anyways, nice work Hyon Woo!

5.) To Jamie:
I really liked your creative picture about your own perspective about the animal farm. I certainly agree with the fact that the mood of this novel wasn't very cheerful like how normal people would imagine a farm to be. It seems very obvious that you spent a lot of time and effort at completing this post! Very nice job at drawing an interesting picture that portrays the "animal farm" perfectly! I really liked your post.

6.) To Christine:
I agree with your idea that the climax is when the animals realized that they aren't satisfied with their freedom. When I read this novel, I also felt unpleasant at Napoleon because he wasn't a good leader. He promised to give happiness and freedom to farm animals but instead of becomming happy, the animals were more saddened. Nice work!

No comments: